Tuesday 18 December 2007

Tales Of Jim, #1: Hello, Jim! Is jim there?

The Tales Of Jim chronicle events that happened about a year ago when I got a new mobile phone. I posted them on a short lived blog I kept back then, but here they are again for your amusement.

Many moons ago, I got a new mobile phone. Exciting, eh? Well, not particularly. I cancelled my contract with O2 who refused to let me have the handset I wanted, and got a new, better value contract with T-Mobile. Life was good.

Then life got annoying.

Then life got quite amusing.

T-Mobile has a nice feature where if you miss a call you get sent a text message telling you that you missed a call. Very nice, especially if your phone has been off for a while. Usually these messages are accompanied by a message telling you that you have new voicemail, from the person you missed the call from.

One day, I started getting new voicemail. But I had no missed calls.

Someone else's voicemail was ending up in my voicemail.

And his name is Jim. Jimmy to his mates.

And his mates are getting more and more annoyed because Jimmy isn't returning their calls.

Call received on Nov 26th, 2:37pm.
From: a young sounding male, who I have called Colin.
Hi there, forgot to call ya at 2 o clock, bye.

Oh dear, young Colin! Jim isn't going to get your apology now, is he? I cry tears in my heart for you.

Call received on: Nov 26th, 2:43pm.
From: Man with Jamaican accent. I shall name him Winston.
Hi Jim, whats happenin bro? Just catchin up, wanna ask ya somethin, appreciate it if ya could get back to me. See ya man.

Winston. Please call Jim more often. Your voice is quite amusing.

No comments: